Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Recipe

I tried something similar while in Oregon, and while I loved the taste of the broccoli in it, I was gagging at the filberts. Gross. I replicated this salad and left out any nuts altogether.

Broccoli Salad:

Cut up 1 bunch of broccoli into bite-sized pieces. I used fresh. Not sure what would happen if you used frozen. It would probably end up too mushy, so don't do it.

Dress with a mixture of:
2-3 Tbsp. vinegar. I used cider vinegar, but any would work, except plain white vinegar, which is nasty. I don't know why you'd even consider using that.
3 Tbsp. sugar
Some minced onion
Enough mayonnaise to make an appropriately thick dressing. Or thin dressing, if you prefer that consistency.

Mix in 1/2 C. or so of sunflower seed kernels and a few handfuls of dried cranberries. Raisins would work too, but no one here likes raisins. Except for me. Grapes might be good.

That's it. I'm sure there's a million versions in every church cookbook around, but this is my version.

No comments: