Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Catching Up

Seriously.  Where does time go?  I need to visit this space more often.

Both boys have been playing baseball this spring, as usual.  Jack finished his season last week.  I am so proud of how he seamlessly transitioned into playing in a new state, with new boys, and a completely different level of play.  He told us that this was his favorite team ever.  Makes me happy and a bit relieved.  Change can be hard for anyone, especially teenagers.

Jon is in the midst of his season--the first time facing a live pitcher.  Since Jon resides in "Jon World" most of the time, baseball can be an unsolicited interference in his day.   He has a good attitude about practicing and I do believe he's enjoying his team.  Now, if he could only hit the ball.  Just once.

Madeline got herself the perfect job.  She's working as a barista for the local drive-thru coffee stand.  Business has been a little slow, but we're hoping things pick up for the summer months.  She's been very responsible with her earnings, depositing most of it in her savings account.  I've been known to (regularly) borrow cash from her.  She's very generous.

Sarah just had her 4th birthday.  Yikes!  Not so much a little one anymore.  That girl is wide open, all of the time.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

Bill is still learning about building fences and what skills are necessary for running a business.  Despite missing the familiarity of logging, I think he is really enjoying the change.  Personally, I enjoy the availability of the hydraulic post driver for building things--like fences.

And me.  I'm not doing anything new or especially fun.  I did put in a new garden, but the near-constant rain these past several weeks seems to have rotted most things that were coming up.  I guess I'll be replanting this week.  Nice weather is in the forecast.  Hmmm.  Just lots and lots of yard work, gardening, and the usual homemaking tasks.  It's all good.

Want to see some pictures?  I've got lots!
 After a change in our aquifer (like I even know what that means), we invested in a Berkey water filter. I heartily suggest one if you're in the market.

 A bread machine.  Busy afternoons that don't allow me to babysit bread dough have given me the opportunity to use this.  Don't tell Emma (Amish) that I've resorted to such a thing.

 Garden!

 More garden.  Check out my fence!  Some girls get jewelry or fancy presents for Mother's Day.  Not me.  I got a fence.  It's the perfect gift.

 Beautiful rhodys in bloom.  Everywhere.

 Bill's homemade chicken coop.  Everything but the door latches was scavenged from the woodshed or the shop.  

 Happy little house.  

Karl! 

No comments: