Tuesday, December 15, 2015

There Are Days.

And this is has been one of those days.

I don't know what sets them in motion.  There probably isn't even a "Thing" that is the catalyst for these days.  All I know is they are claustrophobic.  And drowning.  And stifling.  All at the same time.

I look around and cannot figure out how to do the next thing.  There are all these people who need me to be there for them and I just don't want to.  How bad is that?!  I'm a Mom and I don't want to feed my children?  I want to block out the typical children noises that they bring into my house and sit in quiet instead.  I don't want to be present.  What I need is a break from the monotony that is my world.  How did I find joy and contentment in this same monotony that was before?

It's all so confusing.

I forget.  I cannot focus.  There is no joy.  No peace.

Just me.  Alone.  With a whole lot of responsibilities and decisions to make and no one to help me.

It's Christmas and there is no one to go shopping with me, so I just don't do it.  There is no one to tell me that my fudge is delicious, so I don't cook.  There is no one to tell me that my decorations look nice, so I don't decorate.  There is no one to snuggle in bed with and look at the lights on the Christmas tree, so I just unplug them.  No one.  No one.

That must be my motto for the coming new year.



No comments: