Monday, November 7, 2011

A Little Perplexed


See this picture?


It's hanging in the kitchen, above the table where we eat. Why is it there, you ask? It's there because that's where we hang an example of the work created by the artist who we are currently studying. You see, every month we study a new artist, and every week we study a different example of his/her work. Make sense?

We are studying the works of Giotto this month. This piece is aptly named, Crucifixion. You can see why.

This is where it gets good:

Today I asked Sarah what she thought this was a painting (it's actually a fresco--don't I wow you with my knowledge?!) of and she says, "It's Penguin Jesus. He lives in a house with the chickens. And I think that the water is very cold there."

?

To the best of my ability, I've decided that the blue background does, indeed, resemble water. And maybe the little cherubim might look a bit like penguins. The chicken house that she speaks of probably means a barn. But Penguin Jesus? I have no idea.

I love that girl.

No comments: