Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year, New Crap.

My washing machine is dead/dying.  The plumbing in my house is becoming questionable, at best. So is the septic tank and drain field.  The water that comes out of my well looks like milk.  My car is quickly nearing the 200,000 mile mark and has an unidentifiable oil leak.  My thyroid is still out of whack.  My kids are not perfect. My chickens have lost their feathers and are no longer laying eggs.  There is an old, rotten tree that leans precariously over the garage.  I think there are mice in the attic.  And probably bats, too.  I just spent $506 to replace a cracked filling (the day before Christmas.  Ho, ho, ho.).  I spent 2/12 hours on hold on the phone today and never did get my questions answered.  My dog eats other animal's poop like it's a delicacy.  There is never enough food in my house, or so I'm told.

After reading all of that, don't you feel better about your life?

Some people make resolutions for the new year.  I don't.  Instead, I like to chose a word that best expresses my goals for the upcoming year and offers inspiration as well.  This year I have chosen a few words to consider:
1.  Why?
2.  Seriously?
3.  Poop.
4.  Now what?  ( I know this is more than 1 word, but a small phrase is appropriate too)
5.  This sucks.  (See note on #4)

Seriously, though, my word for 2014 is "hope."  But it's my prerogative to change it if I see fit.

Here's a picture:
 I think that Sarah is biting Jon and Jon is trying to choke Sarah.  Good times.

Jon's bomb.  Found in the field across from the house.  Really.

No comments: