Sunday, January 26, 2014

Granola

 Here's the recipe.  The friend (and neighbor, I might happily add) I got this from is amazing, people.  Just last week she tracked an elk (uphill, through the woods), made the kill, gutted and hung the darn thing, then processed it herself.  Oh, and did I forget to tell you that she's 22 weeks pregnant?  And a Mama.  And a teacher.  And an amazing cook.  There is nothing this gal cannot do.  She's my hero.


Do yourself a favor and make it.  I added some extra cranberries, unsweetened coconut, and cinnamon to my batch.  I also substituted raw honey for the maple syrup.  While it was baking, my house smelled so good.

3 comments:

Mrs. G said...

This looks fantastic! Thanks for posting.

Julie Pennick said...

Glad you liked it, Miss Mollie! Sure wish we lived closer.......

Mrs. G said...

Me too!