Monday, June 1, 2015

This Night.

As I write this, Sarah is snuggled next to me, asleep, holding her Daddy's picture in her arms along with her beloved Taggies.  And this is after she explained to me that sometimes she pretends he's sitting in the living room reading a book.  Or that sometimes she talks to him when she's playing.  And that when she gets into bed she pretends that he's lying next to her.  And at baseball games she forgets that he's not in the dugout.

Tell me, how do you respond to that?

Me, I just cry.  Silently, but the tears still wet my pillow.  

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh, Julie. My heart is heavy for you. I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. I just wish I could hug you and make the hurt all go away. The sorrow is so deep. You're being such a wonderful mother to your children during such an incredibly difficult time. Just continue to love & reassure them.
Noelle's been talking about Sarah recently. She says she misses her and "Mom, it's been so long since I've seen her!" I'll message you when we're through with our move and get a relaxing day with lemonade and play dates together.