Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Everything Pretty Much Sucks. Or The Alternative Title is Julie's Pity Party. Everyone is Welcome!




Yeah, so this is a collection of terribly depressing quotes.  Fits oh-so-nicely with my depressing evening.  Showered, put on my rattiest jammies, and crawled into bed at 6:45.  No dinner for me, though I did feed the kids.  Yay me.  And then I searched for depressing quotes to further bolster my mood.  Yep, I know how to have a good time.

I'm rational enough to know that these feelings will pass.  They always do.  But in the meantime, I have found it best to just embrace where I am, and send out the invitations to my pity party.  Normally I prefer party invitations that are glittery and sparkly but that's not appropriate for a pity party.  And I love to cook and bake all of the food for any party I host.  But not for a pity party.  The only refreshments served for this kind of party is ice cream eaten straight out of the carton.  Bring your own spoon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm up for some good old haagen dazs ice cream - I'm grabbing a spoon and I'd sit right down with you in my pj's and fuzzy socks if I could get there! Been thinking and praying for you Julie.

Kristi

Cherie Nielsen said...

Damn skippy...enjoy it. There is a nothing you can do to "snap out of it" but ride the wave. Hugs from Virginia.

Cherie Nielsen said...

Damn skippy...enjoy it. There is a nothing you can do to "snap out of it" but ride the wave. Hugs from Virginia.