Monday, February 1, 2016

This is My Favorite Quote of All Time. At least For Today.



First off, I did not realize that this quote was from Alexandra Stoddard until today.  One of my all-time favorite lifestyle authors, I am not surprised that her words resonate in me.  I remember my Mom bringing the book "Living a Beautiful Life" home when I was around 12.  I read it in one sitting and then promptly started redecorating my bathroom.  And bedroom.  And probably even the living room.  Rearranging and redecorating make me happy. Always have.  But repainting is saved for when I'm stressed.  Remember that, okay?

So this quote pretty much says it all I think.  I repeat the words "Trust the process" to myself many, many times throughout my days.  We have so little control over things, really, that slowing down and trusting the process is our only choice.  At least if we want to reduce our anxiety level and increase our level of contentment.

So, trust the process.  It's that simple.  Even when it's uncomfortable and painful.  Trust that it will move you to another place.  Trust it when it's really awesome and exhilarating because you'll need to hold onto those emotions for when they disappear, albeit temporarily.  Trust the process to guide you.

No comments: