Wednesday, February 4, 2015

I see.

Soon, Very soon.  I will be glad to see you, sweet friend.

For the first time in what seems like an eternity, I see things this morning.  I see the trees on the hill, wind whipping their branches all crazy like.  I see the little birds that Bill loved to feed scratching on the patio.  I see a crow and a bald eagle chasing each other (who will win that battle?).  I see a mess of bark dust on the path where the chickens have been digging.  I see a little wisp of cloud coming up out of the river, never keeping the same form.  I see a "v" of geese flying overhead.  I see Madeline get in her car and drive off to work for the day.  I see Sarah sprawled out on the bed, finger still in her mouth.  I see Jon and Jack beginning to move about in their beds.  I see buds on the trees and the snowdrops beginning to bloom.  I see life.  My life, their life.  Like that cloud evaporating off the river, it doesn't keep the same form for long.  Always changing, but also always moving.

1 comment:

Mrs. G said...

I'm so grateful to you for writing so we can get a glimpse of your heart. I have no inkling of what you're going through now, but I can understand the "seeing again" phase of grief. You're in my heart and prayers throughout every day and night. I don't like knowing that life can change this completely. But I do like knowing we have each other for when it does.
Hugs, Mollie